On my honor, I will try...


One of my first couple of posts was about Cheese going to Bible School, you can read it here. For six weeks Cheese and I we went round and round and round about her going to one week of Bible Camp. Hell there was more debate and crossing of lines than over the Health Care Debate. So most recently we have been going Round and Round (I love that song, by Ratt by the way) about Girl Scout Camp. Here was our latest conversation.

Cheese, do you want to go to Girl Scout Day Camp this summer? Mac is going and so are our neighbors.

What is it?

It's girl scout camp. A one week camp themed like one giant Nancy Drew mystery. You remember that movie right?

I don't want to be a girl scout.

Well, you don't have to be a girl scout they are just hosting the Nancy Drew, learn to be a detective, day camp.

It is like school?

Well it is like school but with out the learning part.

So it's like Disney World?

What? Do you think school is like Disney world? It is more like recess.

So is there a playground?

I don't know if there is a playgroup. (in between big deep breaths, with voice raised but not yelling yet) How bout this, it is like a party at school with crafts and treats and all fun stuff but without the phonics. Similar to the 100 Day Party we had at school a couple of weeks ago but instead of doing all things with the number 100, you will be solving mysteries and going on treasure hunts.

Sure, like that. Can I have apple juice instead of water in my water bottle today for school?

Popular Posts