Monday, October 26, 2009

We Are Women Hear Us Roar...

Have you heard this song? It is the newest commercial for Dove and Wal-Mart. I am totally digging their beauty campaign.



Do your eyes sit wide
Does your nose turn to the side
Do your elbows kind of crinkle
Do your knees sort of wrinkle
Does your chest tend to freckle
Do you have a crooked smile

Do your eyes sit wide

Do your ears sort of wiggle
Does your hair make you giggle
Does your neck grow long
Do your hips sing a song

Do your ears hang low
---------------------------------
It's Monday after all, so I thought I would dive right in and add a couple of verses...

Did you shower today
Or did you skip like yesterday
Cause you got no place to go
Because you are trapped there in the snow
Did you wear your sweats again
Because you cannot find a friend

Does your face hang low?

Did you spend your grocery cash on shoes
Because you woke up with the blues
And now you’re eating rice and beans
Wearing your designer jeans
Did you order stuff online
Because it shipped for just a buck ninety-nine

Does your butt hang low?

Is your brown hair turning gray
In some places you can’t say
And your knees start to crack
When you are picking up the slack
Do you sound just like your mother
When you scold your naughty daughter

Do your boobs hang low?

If you had to answer yes
Regarding your face, butt or breast
At least you are alive
and you can smile at my rhyme
Though some days may be gray
Today can be the day
that we roar into the sky.

Let your head hang high!!!

14 comments:

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

I love, LOVE, LOVE this. It made me laugh. This is so great. I might link it to my blog if you don't mind?

Gray hairs in unmentionable places?? Oh yeah. I'm there.

Uptown Girl said...

Just found your blog thru June's.

great song-great lyrics. I love it... I'm now humming to myself at work tho and that is a problem :-/

SeriouslyWhyCantI said...

Thanks guys. It is a catchy tune, I too keep singing it over and over...the Dove song that is. And sure you can link it to your blog that would be great.

Kristi said...

T - once again kudos!! Here's my verse for you....

You made me smile so wide it reached all the way to my eyes
Which caused me, for a moment, to forget about my thighs
I share your blog with all my friends
Then we all need some Depends
Yes, our smiles stretch wide!
Love ya! K

Charisse and Holly said...

Terrific. Love your version best! Here from "Flour In Her Hair". Glad I came by...and don't look now...I'm stalking (er...Following) you:) Come on by for a visit. We love making new friends. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Can I just tell you that I despisee that commercial. Eyes sit wide? What is that? Awful awful!

I like yours WAY better!

The Peach Tart said...

This is so great. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Faris said...

Cute! The Girl With Flour in Her Hair sent me here. I like your style!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Here from Flour in Her Hair and I'm lovin' it!

Daffy said...

Here from Flour in Her Hair - too funny girl! I was just singing my own version of Do Your Boobs Hang Low the other day....

A few weeks ago I was singin' it about this little dog that trotted into my garage during a garage sale I was having. Only it was a he, not a she, so I appropriately switched boobs to balls. When I finished my song, the asshat trotted over and peed on me! No Joke!

SeriouslyWhyCantI said...

Thanks for all the great comments...and Kristi, great verse-you should be writing jingles clever grasshopper. And Daffy, I am smitten with the word asshat. I like it exactly the way you just used it. I think I will try to immeadiately merge it in my conversations.

Susan Fobes said...

I HATE that commercial but love your adaptation. Too funny! (Found you from The girl with the flour in her hair:)

Janie B said...

SO clever! Thanks for making me laugh today!

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on some of your blogs and I LoVE them all...You're witty humor makes me laugh every time!!!! love Ya! -Lindy