Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Have you heard of Deja Fu?


I know we have all heard of Deja Vu, but I am making up a new word tonight. Deja Fu...because that is the way I roll and I just make up words whenever I want. For instance, I made up sidewards. I mean if there is a frontwards and backwards, why not a sidewards? It's not backways or frontways, right?

Any way, new word Deja Fu, and it means to see your future (which I did tonight). Oh, and when you tell your friends about Deja Fu, don't forget to put an umlaut, over the "u"...(that is two little dots for all you lay folk). I would but I can't figure out how to here.

OK, back to the future. The short of it is, a storm is rolling in tonight and I realized at 9:45pm that we have run out of cat food. There is a slight chance that I may be stuck in the house for days and the babies simply can't live on tuna in vegetable oil, I mean they could but I wouldn't do that to them...or to me since I am the only one that cleans the cat sh**. So I grab my shabby, fake fur brown coat and head out to the grocery store. On the way I realize that I have mascara smeared all over my face from watching a heart wrenching episode of the Biggest Loser and no practical way to take it off.

Now in the store, I stop real quick to check out the cover of the newest Star Magazine on my way to the prepared soup in the deli section. I glance up into the ceiling mirror and I there it is, a Deja Fu, I see straight into my future. I see me plus 40 years, shuffling through the grocery store at 9:45pm at night, mascara streamed down my cheeks, wearing a old nasty faux fur coat and carrying a 10 lb. bag of Cat Food under my arm. I am complaining about the cost of powder creamer to myself as I stumble over to the prepared soup in the deli aisle after one too many screwdrivers at Bingo earlier that night.

4 comments:

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Wow...I didn't know that the ceiling mirrors in the grocery stores showed the future!:) Quite frankly, I don't want to know. I fear it will closely resemble the picture you have posted there. At least she looks happy...

This storm actually cancelled school today and it's still coming down pretty hard. It will be interesting to see how much we get!

JennyMac said...

HAHAHA...deja fu. And sidewards..that is how some rednecks here in the south already pronounce sideways. LOL.

Uptown Girl said...

screwdrivers and bingo and the grocery store... is that what beer and darts and then a diner with runny mascara turn into as we get older? I guess its pretty similar to what I already do for fun. but without the cats and catfood.

Michelle said...

Too funny! I make it a point to never look into a mirror unless it's accompianed by special lighting...I'm just sayin.