An Award, for Moi???


I remember as a tween, walking into my best girlfriend's bedroom for the first time and feeling instantaneously paralyzed with self-doubt and overwhelming laziness as I laid my eyes on her bragging wall. On it stacked ever so boastfully were dozens of gold & silver women trophies. And to their immediate left hanging like adoring little fans on her monogrammed cork board was what seems like 100s of blue, red and yellow ribbons and awards. We all had one of these friends, you know the one that was good at all sports and still managed to get good grades, date the cutest boys and was always picked first at any team event, sleep over, etc. I can't remember if she liked rode horses or played soccer... or both, but she was an all around kick ass girl and her room would haunt me for weeks as I later slinked through the Jr. High school halls wondering how I too could earn a plastic little trophy, with no definite skills to speak of. My lack of enthusiasm for all sports (to my defense I had weak ankles) combined with an even greater enthusiasm for socializing... needless to say I didn't earn many awards or trophies as a kid.

Side note. I know my Dad is reading this. So yes Dad, I was an "A" student and worked hard on my grades. I participated in dance lessons and dabbled in some modeling. But the only award we ever received from these "extracurricular activities" was received through the mail, monthly and it usually said PAYMENT DUE.

On the other hand, if there was an award for "making your parents miserable at dinner every night because you had to make a life and death phone call to your 7th grade friend" then I would most certainly have received first place. Or a ribbon for "world's messiest closet that most resembles the Death Star's Trash Compactor" that too would have earned me the blue to put on my cork board. And I know exactly where I would have placed it...right on the kissable lips of my boyfriend, John Schneider aka Bo Duke, on my Dukes of Hazzard poster.

But today is a special day. I earned today my first Blog Award from a very funny neighbor, Michelle, at Waddlers and Toddlers.

Thanks for the shout out Michelle and the award. Since it is my first, I am not entirely sure how it works, but I am printing this out now along with a poster of "Bo" and will hold it in very high regard. With the reward Michelle passed over a "one word" quiz for me to fill out so here are my answers to the quiz. This wasn't easy. I did blow the rules for just one because if anyone knows me I'm a shopper not a crier.

1. Where is your cell phone? purse

2. Your hair? winterized

3. Your mother? pillar

4. Your father? partner

5. Your favorite food? sushi

6. Your dream last night? crafty

7. Your favorite drink? coffee

8. Your dream/goal? fame

9. What room are you in? office

10. Your hobby? writing

11. Your fear? death

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? healthy

13. Where were you last night? PTA

14. Something that you aren’t? quiet

15. Muffins? blueberry

16. Wish list item? cameralens

17. Where did you grow up? Florida

18. Last thing you did? surf

19. What are you wearing? jeans

20. Your TV? On

21. Your pets? cats

22. Friends? away

23. Your life? vanilla

24. Your mood? cheerful

25. Missing someone? girlfriends

26. Vehicle? minivan

27. Something you’re not wearing? shoes

28. Your favorite store? all

29. Your favorite color? pink

30. When was the last time you laughed? breakfast

31. Last time you cried? Target- have to elaborate- (sorry) Cheese went running with the store shoes on but didn't realize they were still together with elastic, the rug burn wasn't funny but the "event" was

32. Your best friend? lots

33. One place that I go to over and over? elementary

34. One person who emails me regularly? FB

35. Favorite place to eat? out

Now I think I have to pass this on, so I will do some homework on my end.
In the meantime, yes, I do remember getting a trophy for pee wee cheerleading...I remember it because I used it as a weapon and hit my brother over the head once for going in my room and touching my stuff.

Popular Posts