Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Some Things I Know for Sure...


I know that...

I will spent every morning over the next 10 years brushing someone else' hair and someone will cry. And I know I will say out loud each morning, "this would not hurt near as much if you took the time to brush your OWN HAIR".

I will recommend someone going to dreads at least 50 times within those next 10 years, against my better judgement.

I will have to flush someone else's pee at least once each day for the rest of my life.

I will be scraping dried cereal out of the bottom of the sink until my children leave for college.

I will always look in the mirror first thing in the morning, suck in my gut and smile. And then I will let it go and roll my eyes.

I will always dream in color.

I will never learn how to fold bottom sheets correctly.

I will always leave out or substitute one ingredient when following a recipe.

I will never go to bed without washing my face first.

I will always stop in the shoe section when walking through a department store, any department store.

I will always sing out loud in the car and the shower.

And finally, I know that while I may not be really great at any one thing. I am marginal at a lot of things.

10 comments:

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

I love this list...

How DO you fold those darn sheets??

Daffy said...

Great list! I may have to poach the idea. Never fear, I will give credit where credit is due!

Some things I know for sure: you have a great blog!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! Were you in my head? Seriously, I was laughing and nodding at every. single. one. LOL!! Love it! So very very true! :)

ShellyInOz said...

I love your list. Here is a thing I found about the sheets. http://www.lifestylechannel.com.au/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=1020

I still don't do it, but if you ever actually WANT to know. It is here.

Found you on COAH and will be an avid follower for sure!

Simoney said...

Hey, I really love the way you write! Just found you thanks to Miss Obnoxious' new site... Following you now all the way from Auckland, New Zealand. Luv Simone http://greatfun4kids.blogspot.com

!!The Obnoxious SAHM!! said...

its not "MY" site! its every on'es site http://avoidinghousework.ning.com/

Great that you joined!!!

!!The Obnoxious SAHM!! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seriously Why Can't I? said...

Thanks for stopping by...and thank you for the tip on folding sheets and thank you SAHM for "introducing" us to such a great networking site. See we can learn and blog at the same time.
Will stop by to see you all soon.

Lindy Lou said...

Love your list! However of you think you aren't great at anything and marginal at a lot of things you have NO idea how much enjoyment your writing and friendship bring to my life! You are a GREAT writer and a great friend!

Karen said...

I, too, am addicted to the shoe department. I hope the 10s are a great decade for you!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!