In Memoriam... a day to reflect...


I did not come up with this format, I need to give homgrownlove.blogspot.com credit for her idea. But I thought it a great way to reflect the day.

Outside my Window... soggy grass as the rain just keeps coming, an empty nest that once held the three cutest baby birds, and below it the little burial we had to make for the baby bird that broke it's leg and never made it to adulthood.

I am remembering... making footprints on Omaha beach in Normandy, on a day like today, rainy wet and cold in 2005. Silence as the waves crashed on the shore but imagining the horror those troops felt as their boats hit the beach. Although I was not looking forward to this part of our trip, I was overwhelmed with the amount of honor and appreciation I felt.

I am thankful for... my freedom and the right to sit here and type about whatever subject I fell necessary, the ability to teach my children anything I deem important and the power to make a difference.

I am wearing... black. A total coincidence. Black jeans with a black sweater and white t-shirt and flip flops of course.

I am reading.. The Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. Really love it, Jamie McTavish has almost passed my first literary love, Edward Cullen.

From the kitchen... I was craving something sweet, and the pantry was bare, except for one small box of blueberry muffins, it was perfect for a 3pm snack.

I am hoping/praying... for my girlfriend and her fight against brain cancer. She is one tough cookie, if anyone can do it, she can. She shaved her head on Friday and I wish her all the confidence she needs to still face the world.

I am creating... a book, very slow at times, I think the story is great, but stumbling on the details. Definitely a work in progress.

I am hearing... Sponge bob on the tube and the girls fighting...again. Will they ever grow out of this?

One of my favorite things... being around the house in the rain with all types of media around me. My laptop, computer, books, TV and my ipod. I can spend my day surfing the Internet, downloading music, reading my books and watching movies I couldn't get to during the week.

Quote..."And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier's tomb, and beauty weeps the brave." ~Joseph Drake

Popular Posts