In a funk...


It happens to all of us. You are going about your day, a pretty vanila day struggling with your daily routine. Your cone crushes and you find yourself in a funk. Well I have been in a funk for about 24 hours, mostly feeling overwhelmed with the details of moving, finding a house, work is slow, etc. As I sit to here to write about my woes, which overall rank a -.1 on the worse things to happen scale. I think instead I would write about all of the little things that make me happy. In no particular order... pina coladas with a rum floater on top (is that a problem I start with alcohol), running outside when the temperature is a cool 65 degrees ipod on and singing out loud "domo arigato Mr. Roboto", the smell of my children's hair after the get out of the shower, the way my fat cat lays comfortably on me while watching TV- belly up purring, a Starbucks pumpkin pie latte, sitting a restaurant with friends when someone walks up with a round of tequila shots and everyone is game, eating fresh sushi, reading a good book and then passing it onto someone to discuss, listening to my youngest belt out a Beastie Boys tune, hearing my oldest shout out "tell Ava I love her" on her way to school every morning, scouring through the racks at TJ Maxx to find a great designer deal, downloading podcasts- I am addicted. Watching my husband clean, take the kids for a bike ride and then cuddle up with them on the couch to watch TV- all in the same day. Opening a bottle of wine to share with friends and realizing later that 3 more bottles were opened. Watching a great movie (The Color Purple, Slumdog Millionaire, Sixteen Candles). These are a few of my favorite things... (sing this to the Sound of Music). OK I feel a little better, writing a blog is therapeutic... OK off to the store I think I will whip up a batch of pina coladas for happy hour...seriously, why can't I?

Popular Posts