Standing in Line


It’s Sunday morning. In my past life, I would still be under the covers, in bed, nursing a hangover, impatiently waiting for someone, anyone, to go out and buy me a cheeseburger from McDonald's to soak up the indiscretions of the night before. Fast forward 10 years, on this cloudiest of mornings, I have already cooked omelets for the family, fed the cats, cleaned the kitchen, compiled a CD of songs for my oldest daughter, sent the other to time out and as if I have nothing else to do, now I will attempt to join a new kind of club, the blogging community. As I write this first entry questions race through my mind. Am I hip enough to enter through these virtual doors? Or will the bouncer look beyond me an usher in the witty chick behind with the great tips on gardening and food storage? Or maybe I am too late, and I am standing in line for a venue that has closed it’s door and moved to a new secret location without telling me. And if I do happen to slip by unnoticed, once in the club will I be surrounded by new faces and interesting conversations, people curious to hear what I have to say or will I find myself stuck at the bar alone making small talk to the bartender about the weather and the last time he served a flaming Dr. Pepper. Never one to turn down a social opportunity…I think I'll give it a shot, maybe even two. Seriously, why can’t I?

Popular Posts